Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Another update

So I am really enjoying my new school. I am learning sooo much. I am in charge of two small math fact practice groups each day, and I am also pulling aside small groups to reteach concepts that they may not have gotten yet. I have taught a lesson each day that I have been at the school in different subject areas for the last two weeks. Last week, I taught a mini TWS unit. Actually, it was just a mini unit, but I assessed, and looked at who was successful and who wasn't. It was great.

I feel like I am learning so much more about managing the class. It is so much different in second grade. They require a lot more effort to keep them engaged. It is going really well, though, and today, their behavior even got better as the lesson progressed, and the lesson was almost two hours long!

I still have a long way to go, but I am definately improving and getting better. Hurray!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Good for you! That's exciting!

Courtney said...

I am glad to hear your student teaching is still going great and that you enjoyed your full day teaching. You will love full-time. It is amazing how comfortable you get. How did the interview go on campus? I think I am going to the Tacoma Dome Career Fair so I might see you! Good luck with everything!

Bobbi Jo said...

The interview was okay. It wasn't like I was hired on the spot. Actually, they aren't even hiring right now, but it was good practice. I don't really know why they are interviewing.